Red Dots on pistols are becoming more popular as options for carry weapons. Part of mastery is training – here it is!
THIS IS A SPECIALLY PRICED LEO ONLY CLASS. LE DISCOUNT IS ALREADY FACTORED IN CLASS FEE. NO FURTHER DISCOUNTS APPLY (INCLUDING MSP ALUMNI).
• Zeroing your red dot. 10 yard zero. 25 yard confirmation. Ammo selection.
• Draw and how to stop fishing for the dot. Why back up irons are necessary?
• Only use the necessary amount of information required to make an acceptably accurate shot at the speed and distance required.
• Red dots up close. 5 yards and in.
• Red dots at distance
• Speed: Efficiency of draw and presentation. Concealed and Open setups. Speed is the economy of motion. Speed is not useless frenetic movement. Micro Drill training method.
• Dot tracking: Grip, stance, dot movement, predictability. Stop over confirming the dot!
• Modes of Practice: Speed mode. Accuracy Mode. Real Mode.
• How to get better on your own. Dry fire for skill building. Live fire for confirmation.
• Target transitions
• Shooting on the move
• Why you should compete
• Mini match to test skills
An opportunity to test for the Black Belt Patch.
Slide mounted red dot pistol
The ability to carry 3 mags (1 in gun, 2 in pouches)
Good holster of student’s choice / No Serpas / No old leather holsters
750 rounds of reliable ammo
Eye pro / Ear pro
Class Time: 8:30 am to 5 pm
DeKalb County Sheriff’s Range / 1150 11th St NW, Fort Payne, AL 35967 (Can also Google Fort Payne FOP Range)
*Refunds will only be made if the class is canceled. If a student cannot attend the class they signed up for, they will be given a credit to another class of comparable value.