September 5, 2023 by Ryan Hadden
The Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office is Accepting Applications to Fill the Position of Information Technology Specialist.
To apply for the position, submit a letter of interest to the Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office Human Resources Division, P.O. Box 850 Benton, LA 71006. You may also contact the HR office via telephone at 318-965-3459, or email at Personnel@bossiersheriff.com.
The applicant’s memo should include an outline of education, work experience, and contact number. It should also include a brief statement by the applicant explaining why they are interested in the position.
Helpdesk/Desktop Technical support technician in a 450+ user environment. Must be a skilled problem solver with strong communication skills that works well with others. Analyze end user hardware, software, computer problems in a timely fashion. Update technical support documentation and ticket status in Helpdesk.
- Provide onsite and remote technical support to all end users on Windows-based desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Update technical documentation daily in Adobe Acrobat, Excel, Help Desk, and Microsoft Teams.
- Collaborate with other technical team members to configure, deploy, test, and troubleshoot computer hardware.
- Monitor servers and provide access to third party companies as needed for support.
- Maintain E-mail, printers, Teams Knowledge base and assist with asset management and track.
- Administer users in Windows AD, Azure, and Office 365.
Experience and Skills:
- Degree in Technology or related work history/3 years work history recommended
- Basic understanding of network fundamentals/troubleshooting tools
- Experience with Microsoft Server Operating systems, Windows 10/11
- CompTIA A+ certification (Preferred)
- Network certification (Preferred)
- High Level of proficiency using and configuring Microsoft Office products