Bossier Sheriff's S.E.R.V.
- To sustain the people of Bossier Parish for a season following a natural disaster.
- To be self-contained in the event we lose access to electricity, food, water, or other resources.
- To prevent unnecessary suffering, sickness and death of the citizens of Bossier Parish.
- To be totally self-contained until help could arrive. Our job is to protect and preserve life.
-- BOSSIER SHERIFF
Julian C. Whittington
VOLUNTEER TEAMS (S.E.R.V. and D.I.R.T.)
In addition to the deputies in the Bossier Sheriff's Department, Bossier Parish is blessed to have men and women volunteer their time to help serve the residents and businesses in case of a disaster in our area:
- Sheriff's Emergency Response Volunteers (S.E.R.V.):
The purpose of S.E.R.V. is to provide for the extra manpower required for a successful response to a disaster situation in Bossier Parish.
The mission of S.E.R.V. is to assist law enforcement officers to ensure the public safety and security of Bossier Parish in the event of a disaster.
- Disaster Immediate Response Team (D.I.R.T.):
The purpose of D.I.R.T. is to provide for the extra manpower and construction equipment for a successful response to a man-made or natural disaster in Bossier Parish.
The mission of D.I.R.T. is to respond immediately with personnel and equipment upon call from the Bossier Sheriff's Department to a man-made or natural disaster whereby life and property is, or may have been, threatened.
For additional information regarding S.E.R.V. , please contact Lt. Norman Craig at the Viking Drive Substation, 318-965-3500.
|To volunteer for S.E.R.V, print and fill out this application.
*Applicants must be a a resident of Bossier Parish and are subject to a background check.